Coconut is one of the most underrated natural foods we have. And coconut water is blessed with various nutrients besides serving as an amazingly refreshing drink.
As summer is around the corner, we should get prepared to find ourselves tired often. So before indulging yourself with those cold drinks that more than quenching thirst harm the health condition instead, here are some of the benefits of drinking coconut water.
1. Hydrating- Although water serves to be one of the best drinks always, coconut water contains many electrolytes that make it a great re-hydrating agent.
Therefore, whenever you find yourself dehydrated, go and get some fresh coconut water and re-energize your body.
2. Maintain blood pressure- Two cups of fresh coconut water, a day can keep your blood pressure levels low. A blood pressure that soars till the roof is one of the risk factors for heart disease.
So you are doing your heart a favour by keeping it in check.Coconut water contains Vitamin C, Potassium and Magnesium that help in improving blood pressure levels.
3. It has multi-nutrients- Coconut water contains a variety of nutrients that help the body.
It consists of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and sodium, coconut water is better than many nutritious drinks that you get outside.
4. Improves hair growth- Did you know that coconut water helps in making your hair shine better and makes the hair stronger?
The coconut water hydrates the scalp and the hair. And massaging your hair with this water can boost hair nourishment as well as blood circulation.
5. Helps the heart- Coconut water is so good for the heart that in Jamaica, it is used as a heart tonic.
Drinking coconut water can increase the HDL as well as inhibits VLDL in the body, that tremendously helps the heart health.
There are many more benefits of coconut water that you’d be surprised to know.